Water gardens are a great feature to add to your landscaping. These water features add a sense of serenity to your yard while giving your an opportunity to be unique. Ideally, they act as their own ecosystem, but realistically, they do need a little help. That’s why we’ve collected some of the most important water garden maintenance ideas.
Maintain Your Water Features With These Easy Tips
- Keep your pump clean. This water feature maintenance task can be done by hand and is essential for keeping your water garden’s ecosystem functioning properly. You should also be aware that pumps need to be replaced regularly, so if your pump’s function seems to be compromised, consider getting a new one for your water feature.
- Add rooted plants to your water feature. Plants not only add beauty to your water garden, they also help to regulate your algae levels.
- Remove debris. Once a week, you should remove leaves and other debris from your water feature with a net. This will help to keep your pump clean and keep your water feature healthy.
- Fight algae. One of the biggest risks to the health of your water feature is algae. Fortunately, there are things you can do to make it harder for algae to thrive in your water garden. Shade most of your water garden to keep algae in check.
- Work with a professional team. A water feature can be more work and maintenance than many home or business owners can spare. The best way to ensure great results from your water garden is to get advice and service from a professional team who have experience in installing and maintaining water features.
Water Features and More
For information on plants that thrive outdoors in the summer, as well as indoors in the winter, give Prestige One Landscaping a call today at (816) 925-0309.